Middle School – Wizard Level I – Class 3
- Learn CSS3 keyframe and positioning skills to add realistic and effective animation, arrays, loops, and operators
- 2. Learn Animation with CSS3Learn the power of CSS3.
In this lesson, students are introduced to the power of CSS3 positioning and keyframes to create an impressive monster truck animation. This project incorporates CSS positioning elements which are critical to understand for all web developers.
In this lesson, students learn how to add a variety of timed actions to increase the interactivity of a page. Students also use audio files to add sound effects to the project of the day.
- 5. Create a Slot Machine IUtilize concepts in previous lessons to create a dynamic, interactive game.
- 6. Create a Slot Machine IILearn how to create advanced functions, intervals, and event handlers.
In this lesson, students add to the slot-machine project started in the previous lesson. Students create more complex functions utilizing time intervals and event handlers to create a realistic slot-machine game, complete with sound effects.
- 7. DOM Manipulation using JQueryLearn the basics of jQuery to help create dynamic pages.
In this lesson, students learn how to use the jQuery selector and DOM. Students learn how to hide, show, and change text using jQuery to create a Pokemon game, complete with score-keeping.
- 8. Events using JQueryCombine keyboard events and CSS3 keyframes to create interactive animations.
In this lesson, students learn how to utilize keyboard events and collision detection to create an interesting, interactive web page which is animated using keyframes.
- 9. Using ColorsHarness the power of color for engaging, dynamic web pages.
In this lesson, students create an entertaining painting app while learning how to dynamically manipulate colors. Students build jQuery functions, loops, and operators to interact with the canvas and create works of art.
- 10. Creating Animations with CSS3 and JQueryAdvanced animations and element positions are covered.
In this lesson, students create an animated archery game, requiring advanced animation, collision detection and element positioning. Keyframes move the archery target up and down, making the game even more challenging. Advanced concepts are introduced while students continue to reinforce skills from previous lessons.
In part one of the final project, students create a Space Wars game incorporating past knowledge of jQuery functions, arrays, loops, and operators and CSS3 keyframes and positioning to create part 1 of this truly stunning game.
- 12. Space WarsPart 2 Create a portfolio-quality Space Wars project showcasing knowledge learned in this course. Students will be proud of their hard work and effort over the course of the previous 12 weeks. This final project demonstrates the advanced skills and knowledge students have gained and will be useful for college course admission and future employment in website development fields.
The final project concludes by adding collision detection and scoring to the Space Wars game. The completed game is a true showcase of the solid programming concepts and skills students have learned during the course.
All students start in Intro to Programming at Wizard Level I. If you have previous coding experience, take the Advanced Placement test. Returning students can continue with the class where they left off.
#1 Most Comprehensive Program for Your Student’s Success!
The CodeWizardsHQ program comes with everything your child needs to be successful in learning to code.
All of the below are included at no extra cost.
Course Duration & Time Commitment
All courses are 12 weeks long. A Wizard will receive a certification for their achievement at the end of the course.
Expect a weekly time commitment of 2-3 hours. 1 hour of class time, plus 1-2 hours of practice time, with instructors support throughout, including weekends.
Our goal is to make all our students successful. If your child is not happy with our program, please notify us within the first four class sessions and you will receive a full refund.