RRISD Middle School Coding Program
Please note : This is a paid after-school program. See below for tuition details.
As we surround ourselves with technology, learning to code has become a fundamental skill for our children to confidently navigate the world they are going to graduate into.
Recognizing this need, Round Rock ISD and CodeWizardsHQ are partnering to offer a comprehensive coding education program for the 2020-2021 school year in select middle schools. Students who register for the program will attend classes once per week, after school from home.
Due to space restrictions, enrollment into the program is limited to 24 students per school on a first come, first serve basis.
Separate Programs Per Age Level
Coding Program Details
- 3 Week Classes, 12 Class Sessions
- Live, Teacher-Led Online Classes
- Beginner Friendly, No Experience Needed
- Real-World Programming Languages (no drag and drop)
- Students Attend Classes from Home. No Driving for Parents.
- Hands-On, Interactive Classes
- Custom-Built Coding Platform
- Small Class Size (7 Students Per Teacher)
- Regular Parent Updates on Student Progress
- Certification for Successful Class Completion
Students learn the fundamentals of programming using Python, a beginner-friendly programming language. In this hands-on class, students build fun, engaging projects while mastering fundamental programming principles like variables, loops, conditionals, arrays, and more. It also gives them a strong foundation for more complex coding projects. See our full curriculum here.
Day, Time, and Location
|School||Class Time Option|
|Elementary Schools||Wednesdays, 4:00pm - 5:00pm @Home|
|Middle Schools||Wednesdays, 5:30pm - 6:30pm @Home|
|High Schools||Wednesdays, 8:30pm - 9:30pm @Home|
If attending from home, students need a computer with internet.
January 28, 2021 – Start Date
May 29, 2021 – End Date
This program teaches a continuous curriculum. However, there is no contract. Your student can drop out anytime with a 30-day notice.
January 21, 2021, or as soon as 24 seats fill-up.
3 payments of $149. Tuition includes:
- 12 classes of 1-hour each
- Code editor software subscription
- Web hosting & Server space
- 24/7 teacher email support
- Daily homework help
- Weekend teacher live help
Founder & CEO
Director of Community Education & New Programs
Round Rock ISD
How to enroll?
Please click the enrollment button below that fits your student’s age level to register through the RRISD Community Education site.