CodeWizardsHQ is an online coding school that teaches computer programming skills to students from 3rd to 12th grade. Our mission is to prepare kids for success in the digital world by teaching them this crucial 21st century skill. Students attend teacher-led, online classes from the convenience of their home. With 1000’s of satisfied students, we are the #1 most effective way for children to learn coding.
We are looking for a full-time academic director to join our team. You will be responsible for delivering an amazing learning experience to our students resulting in higher graduation rates. We are a distributed team and you will be working remotely.
- Responsible for overseeing, coaching and supporting our instructors to deliver an amazing classroom experience for our students.
- Build a community of instructors passionate about student success.
- Work closely with the instructors to establish a strong student-centered culture; coach all instructors to excellence using data to inform decisions; and design targeted individual and group professional development for instructors.
- To serve as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methods, and general school procedures; to work with teachers on areas of weakness as well as best practices.
- To build a culture of sharing effective practices among instructors by facilitating cross class observations, co-planning sessions, regular class assessments and ad-hoc meetings as necessary.
- To guide the curriculum development process by working closely with the curriculum team on proper scope and sequencing of courses.
- Facilitate rigorous instructional feedback to the curriculum team to design curriculum that maximizes student’s engagement with the program.
- To make recommendations to the team regarding the hiring, retention and assignment of instructors. Responsible for orientation and mentoring of new instructors.
- To communicate with parents as needed related to academic offerings, curriculum related questions, instructional concerns, etc.
- Belief in the company’s mission. Passionate about getting kids to learn coding.
- Significant classroom teaching experience
- Strong understanding of various coding languages
- Good administrative and managerial skill set to lead 20+ part-time instructors
- Excellent ability to build relationships and work as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Broad perspective on how coding skills enhance a student’s future
- Cheerful attitude, enthusiasm and positive advocate for the program
What is the job location?
We are a tightly aligned, but distributed team. You will be working from home. But you must be based in the US. We are also very open to flexible time arrangements. We are not bound by a traditional 9-5 job.
How much is my compensation?
Pay will be competitive to industry standards. Please mention your expected compensation in the actual application.
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply here.