Front End Web Development
High School – Wizard Level I – Class 2
When students complete Front End Web Development, they will be able to:
- Understand the basic structure of an HTML web page
- Style web pages with CSS selectors and properties
- 1. Introduction to HTMLThe basics of web development.
In this lesson, students learn the fundamentals of a web page and browser. They start with the basic structure of an HTML page and learn about tags such as the heading, paragraph, and image tag.
- 2. Introduction to CSSAdd styles to your HTML.
In this lesson, students are introduced to CSS and how it interacts with HTML pages. They will learn to visually organize their web pages. They will also learn about font formatting and adding Google fonts to projects.
- 3. Attributes & SelectorSelect and style HTML elements.
In this lesson, students learn how to use class and id attributes to select and style HTML elements. They also add their first anchor tags to projects to create links. With selectors, they learn to access and update HTML elements.
- 4. Intro to JSSelect and style HTML elements.
- 5. Getting User InputGet user data with a form.
- 6. DOM ManipulationWorking within the Document Object Model.
- 7. Input ValidationsValidate data from forms.
In this lesson, students learn about input validation in forms. They are introduced to the form tag and how it helps with validation. They also learn several new jQuery functions to use with forms.
- 8. ColorsThe world of web-safe colors.
In this lesson, students learn new ways to add colors on a webpage. They will add new styles to their project and learn about CSS properties to align HTML containers and add borders.
- 9. Audio and PositioningAdd sound effects to projects.
In this lesson, students get to add audio files to their web pages. They’ll learn how to insert media elements located in different folders. We also introduce to the position property in CSS.
- 10. Video and Keyboard EventsInteractivity with on page events.
In this lesson, students learn how to embed videos in their web pages. They’ll create a YouTube-like video player with keyboard events and by adding interactivity through events.
- 11. Final Project – Part IStart a typing challenge game.
In this lesson, students start the final project of the course, a typing challenge game. They will show random words that must be typed in by the user in a set amount of time. At the end, the game will calculate your typing speed in words per minute. The completed game is a true showcase of the solid foundation programming concepts and skills students have gained.
- 12. Final Project – Part IIComplete a typing challenge game.
In this lesson, students complete the final project of the course, a typing challenge game. They will combine the skills learned throughout the class to display random words and set a timer. At the end, the game will calculate your typing speed in words per minute. The completed game is a true showcase of the solid foundation programming concepts and skills students have gained.
All students start in Intro to Python at Wizard Level I. If you have previous coding experience, take the Advanced Placement test. Returning students can continue with the class where they left off.
- Intro to Python (CLASS FULL)on Thursdays (12 weeks, 1 class per week)
- Intro to Pythonon Mondays (12 weeks, 1 class per week)
- Intro to Pythonon Sundays (12 weeks, 1 class per week)
- Intro to Pythonon Tuesdays (12 weeks, 1 class per week)
Summer programs now available! 3-week summer classes are starting June 8, July 6, and August 3.
See details and enroll to save your spot.
Once a course begins, every student at any level enjoys the same benefits:
Course Duration & Time Commitment
All courses are 12 weeks long. A Wizard will receive a certification for their achievement at the end of the course.
Expect a weekly time commitment of 2-3 hours. 1 hour of class time, plus 1-2 hours of practice time, with instructors support throughout, including weekends.
Our goal is to make all our students successful. If your child is not happy with our program, please notify us within the first four class sessions and you will receive a full refund.