About the Program
How does this work?
Students attend weekly 1-hour live classes
One-to-one teaching in real-time
Interactive classes with hands-on coding
Graded assignments and practice projects
Weekly parent update on student progress
More details below
What will they learn?
Real-world programming languages
Project-based learning approach
12-week semesters, total 9 semesters
Internship and capstone project opportunities
Ideal for grades 3rd – 12th
See full program curriculum here
Choose an Option
For students in middle school and high school who want a broad understanding of programming languages and gain mastery of computational thinking
The established learning sequence has components that build upon each other in order to provide a ladder to success. The curriculum was created with a student-centered pedagogical approach and includes academic, social, and emotional experiences that foster exploration and personal growth.
- Wizard Level II’s three courses prepare students to utilize full stack development skills.
- Wizard Level III’s three courses teach advanced coding skills that can be utilized to develop and create mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Wizard Level IV is focused on students learning how to structure and manipulate large amounts of data to discover patterns and insights through processes, algorithms, and systems.
- Wizard Level V brings all materials learned to real-world applications through an internship or capstone project.
For students grades 7-11 with no prior coding experience that wish to attain college credit for Computer Science High School Classes by taking the AP Computer Science Exam.
Object-Oriented Programming with Java Sequence will give them the knowledge needed to successfully complete high school AP classes. The CodeWizardHQ APCS Prep Course contains 2-courses:
- Introductory Java: students will learn the fundamentals of the Java programming language including the structure of a Java program. They will get familiar with programming concepts like variables, data types, methods, control statements, arrays, logical operators, etc. The course ends with a 2-week project involving all material covered in class.
- Intermediate Java: this builds on the concepts learned in the introductory course and expands by learning object-oriented programming using Java. This includes classes and objects, static methods, encapsulation, inheritance, abstraction, interfaces, polymorphism and more. It will end with a 2-week project involving all material covered in class. The two 12 week sequence courses prepare students to be successful in the AP Computer Science high school class.
$797 / Course
$249 /month x 3 payments per course
Your child attends our online classes from the convenience of your home or school.
– Weekly private 1-hour classes
– 24/7 access to our coding platform
– Same-day email support
– Free 1-on-1 extra help
– Weekly Progress updates
– Class recordings
– Unlimited personal web space
– Online student community
– Certificate of completion
30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Our goal is to make all our students successful. If your child is not happy with our program, please notify us within 30-days of enrollment and you will receive a full refund.
Parent & Student Feedback!
Students who have attended
4.7 out of 5.0
Average student rating
Student recommendation rate
Students who successfully complete each course will be awarded certification that can become part of their portfolio to demonstrate their proficiency in coding.
Fill out this form to get the process started
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens after enrollment?
We will call you to confirm your enrollment, class time and start date. After that, we will send a welcome email with all class information.
What technology do we need?
You need a computer with a microphone and a speaker, a browser like Chrome, FireFox, Safari or IE and a good internet connection.
Is there a money-back guarantee?
Yes, absolutely. If your child is not thrilled, please notify us within 30-days of enrollment and you will receive a full refund.
What happens if a student misses a class?
All our classes sessions are recoded. Students can watch the videos and get caught up prior to next class.